Google Search
Search www.israelfaxx.com


Newsletter : 19fx0204.txt

Directory | Previous file | Next file

On Revolution's Anniversary, Iran Unveils Long-Range Cruise Missile

By Reuters & YnetNews.com
Iran displayed a new cruise missile with a range of 1,300 km (800 miles) on Saturday during celebrations marking the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, state television reported. Iran has expanded its missile program, particularly its ballistic missiles, in defiance of opposition from the United States and expressions of concern by European countries. Tehran says the program is purely defensive. Later on Saturday, a senior Revolutionary Guard commander suggested that pressure by European countries for talks on curbing Iran's ballistic missiles development could prompt Tehran to expand it beyond current limits. Speaking during the unveiling ceremony, Defense Minister Amir Hatami said: "This cruise missile needs a very short time for its preparedness and can fly at a low altitude." The surface-to-surface missile, named Hoveizeh, is from the Soumar family of cruise missiles, which Iran added to its arsenal in 2015, Hatami said. Western experts say Iran often exaggerates its weapons capabilities, although there are concerns about its long-range ballistic missiles. Amirali Hajizadeh, head of the Revolutionary Guard aerospace division, said Iran had overcome initial problems in producing jet engines for cruise missiles and could now manufacture a full range of the weapons. The Defense Ministry's website carried an undated video purportedly showing the Hoveizeh being test-fired from a mobile launcher. It quoted Hatami as saying the missile had successfully hit targets at a distance of 1,200 km. Since agreeing to a 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, Iran has expanded its missile program despite warnings from the United States. In January, it tried to launch a satellite into space which it said failed. The launch followed a US warning to Iran against undertaking three planned rocket launches that Washington said would violate a United Nations Security Council resolution. The resolution, which enshrined Iran's nuclear deal, called upon Tehran to refrain for up to eight years from work on ballistic missiles designed to deliver nuclear weapons. Iran says its missile tests are not in violation of the resolution and denies its missiles are capable of carrying nuclear warheads. Brigadier General Hossein Salami, deputy head of the elite Revolutionary Guard, reiterated Iran's rejection of any talks on its missile program, in response to a demand raised by France and other European countries, the semi-official news agency Fars reported. France said last month it was ready to impose further sanctions on Iran if no progress was made in talks about the missiles, described by Tehran as defensive but seen in the West as a destabilizing factor in a volatile region. Salami said Iran's decision to limit the range and the number of its ballistic missiles was based on its current strategy, which could change based on circumstances. "If today the Europeans or others try to plot and pursue Iran's missile disarmament, then we will be forced to resort to a strategic leap," Fars cited Salami as saying, an apparent threat that Iran may seek to boost the range or the number of the missiles. Last week, Iran dismissed the pressure from France for talks but said it had no plans to increase the range of the weapons. President Donald Trump quit the Iran nuclear deal last year and re-imposed sanctions on Tehran that had been lifted under the pact in return for Tehran curbing its nuclear program. Washington said although Iran has met the terms, the accord was too generous, failing to rein in Iran's ballistic missile program or curb what the United States says is interference in regional affairs. Iran has developed a large domestic arms industry in the face of decades-long international sanctions and embargoes that have barred it from importing most weapons.

`Terrorists in Suits': 100+ Links Revealed Between Terrorists and BDS Groups

By World Israel News

Israel's Ministry of Strategic Affairs revealed over 100 links between terror groups and BDS-promoting NGOs, including the employment of 30 current and "retired" terror operatives. The Ministry of Strategic Affairs and Public Diplomacy (MSA) released its "Terrorists in Suits" report on Sunday, revealing over 100 links shared between the internationally-designated terrorist organizations Hamas and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) with at least 13 anti-Israel BDS promoting NGOs. Elaborating on a previous report, the ministry reveals how Hamas and the PFLP are utilizing a network of NGOs promoting boycotts against Israel as an additional tactic in their ultimate goal of dismantling the State of Israel. These organizations have successfully placed over 30 of their members, 20 of which have served time, including for murder, in senior positions within BDS-promoting NGOs. The report documents how boycott organizations and terrorist designated organizations raise finances together, share the same personnel and showcases that contrary to popular belief, these officials have not abandoned their support for terrorism, but instead, continue to maintain organizational, financial, and active ties with terrorist groups. The Israel-boycott organizations in question were also shown to have received millions of euros in funding from European countries and philanthropic foundations while gaining access to additional funds through financial, crowdfunding and banking systems. Examples of terrorists working in support of organizations that promote the boycotting of Israel include Leila Khaled and Mustafa Awad. Khaled became infamous for hijacking two civilian airliners, Flights TWA 840 and El Al 219, and to this day remains active in the internationally-designated terrorist group the PFLP. She has fundraised for and promoted, anti-Israel boycott NGOs both in Europe and South Africa. In 2011 she was found to have taken coordinated actions for a terrorist cell planning on attacking sites in Jerusalem. Furthermore, in October 2018 Khaled was quoted in an interview saying, "Palestine will be liberated through resistance in all its forms, first and foremost through armed struggle." Awad, is currently serving time for his involvement in several terrorist organizations, including serving as a member of the PFLP and received training from Iranian terrorist group Hizbullah. He also represented Samidoun in Brussels, an organization known for promoting boycotts against the State of Israel and advocating for the release of Palestinian security prisoners in Israeli jails, including those convicted of murdering civilians in terrorist PFLP attacks. Another instance includes the BDS National Committee (BNC), the Ramallah-based leadership of the global Boycott movement toward Israel, consists of 28 Palestinian boycott groups. The lead member of this coalition is the Palestinian National and Islamic Forces (PNIF), which includes five internationally-designated terrorist organizations including Hamas, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The American fundraising platform Donorbox recently suspended the BNC's account after finding the group did indeed maintain ties to terrorist groups. Over the past year, and following MSA activities to expose NGO terror ties, several European countries have announced the reexamination and decrease in funding granted to organizations which promote boycotts against the State of Israel. The report also showed how members of terrorist organizations operate under the guise of "boycott activists" to gain access, and meet with, senior Western government officials and exert pressure to release convicted terrorists held in Israeli prisons. The new report aims to decidedly remove the "mask" of NGOs promoting BDS by exposing in an in-depth study the true nature of this scheme, the ministry said. "Terrorist groups and the anti-Israel boycott campaign have united in their goal of wiping Israel off the map," Erdan said. "Terrorist groups view boycotts as a complementary tactic to terror attacks. Following the exposure of over 100 links between terrorist groups and leading BDS organizations, I urge all governments and financial institutions to investigate the activities of these BDS organizations, and immediately end all funding and support which they provide to them."

Dearborn Michigan Blocks Exposé of Henry Ford's Anti-Semitism

By JTA, Deadline Detroit & Israel Hayom The editor of a quarterly journal published by the historical commission of Dearborn, Michigan will not work on any more of the magazines after he published an article about Henry Ford's history of anti-Semitism in the publication's 100th-anniversary issue. Dearborn Mayor John B. O'Reilly prevented the January issue of the magazine, paid for by the city, from being mailed out. The Dearborn Historian magazine editor Bill McGraw, who worked on an issue-by-issue contract, also was let go. The cover includes a black and white photo of Ford next to the quote: "The Jew is a race that has no civilization to point to, no aspiring religion, and no great achievement in any realm." "I think given what's going on in the world today with the rise of anti-Semitism, what happened to Pittsburgh in October and with the 100th anniversary of the paper last week, it's important to know that's still playing a huge role online with extremists. It seems if Dearborn is going to be proud of Henry Ford, we should look at the whole picture," McGraw, who has lived in Dearborn for 30 years, told The Detroit News. The story, which can be read online, highlights Ford's writings and views on Jews and explores how they still influence modern neo-Nazi groups. The cover of the halted edition noted that Ford bought a publication called the Dearborn Independent 100 years ago and "used it to attack Jews." It said that "the hate he unleashed flourishes in the Internet age." The Dearborn-based automaker disavowed its founder's views before he died in 1947 and sought to make amends with Jews and Israel. Andrew Kercher, the assistant chief curator of the city's history museum, told The Detroit News that Ford is "obviously Dearborn's favorite son. This wasn't just to sling mud or done irresponsibly," he said. "This is basically a form of censorship and crazy to fire the editor and withhold the information from the public." The Dearborn Historical Museum Commission voted to call on O'Reilly to rescind his decision not to mail the magazines to its more than 200 subscribers. Andrew Kercher, assistant chief curator of the Dearborn Historical Museum, told the Detroit News that O'Reilly ordered acting chief curator Jack Tate to terminate their contract with McGraw, a former reporter and editor for the Detroit Free Press. O'Reilly in a statement released on Friday afternoon said publishing Ford's offensive opinions "could become a distraction from our continuing messages of inclusion and respect." Dearborn's population is about one-third Arab-American, according to the New York Times. Dearborn now has one of largest Arab communities outside of the Middle East.

Iman of Peace Visits Auschwitz

By the Jerusalem Post
Wearing a black T-shirt with the words #WeRemember imprinted in white, well-known Australian Imam Mohamad Tawhidi proudly posted about being the first Shia Imam "to pay his respects at Auschwitz." The photograph, along with several other posts and a video from his time at the death camp museum on Sunday, went viral on social media platforms. In a video, which he took while standing outside the main entrance to Auschwitz, Tawhiri said that he was visiting the site "to take a stand against anti-Semitism. I am proud to be the first Shia Muslim Imam to pay his respects at Auschwitz. This is where millions of Jews were killed during the Holocaust," he emphasized. "This is just one of the areas where the horrific crimes took place. It's very important that the message goes out that this never happens again - that the atmosphere for this is never created again. That we do not pave the way for these crimes to happen again." Indoctrinated and raised to hate Jews, Tawhidi said that he "never thought that I would ever come here to pay my respects. I was someone who hated the Jews and the Jewish nation - it's time we woke up and became human beings for real." During his video address, Tawhidi also criticized the US Congress saying that "it should be focusing on serving the American people, it should not be a platform for Islamist members of the American government to preach their hate against the Jewish people. He took several jabs at Representatives Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota who he called "absolute frauds and Islamists" adding that they "promote hatred against the Jewish people.

"Ilhan does not believe that the Jewish people or the Jewish nation have the right to exist," he said, "Shame on her and shame on those who voted for her and are staying silent. We must do everything that we can to promote peace, and make sure that the American government does not allow these people a platform." Tawhidi posted photographs of the barracks, lavatories and crematorium at the death camp, which today, is only a shadow of the unimaginably cruel conditions Jewish inmates had to contend with during the Holocaust. He captioned the post: "Hitler was a terrorist. Do not support Hitler's agenda. Stand against what Hitler stood for. Love and embrace each other. Kick the Islamists out of your communities and governments" and ended each one off with the hashtags "#NeverAgain", "#WeRemember" and "#ImamofPeace." Hundreds of people commented on the posts thanking him for his stance, his actions and for visiting the site, adding that he is brave and their respect for him "has soared." Iranian-born Tawhidi, who is one of the main leading voices in the global movement of Islamic reform, has dedicated his life to ideologically tackling the spread of Islamic extremism. He also describes himself as a peace activist and has faced extreme criticism from fellow Muslims for his reformist views. Prior to his reform, Tawhidi spent over seven years studying in an Islamic Seminary in Iran. He has had numerous death threats made against him since taking on his pro-peace views and speaking up against Islamic extremism, especially after he denounced ISIS several years back and voiced his support for the Burka ban.











Home Search

(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)



 
Home
Search
 
Read today's issue
 
Who is Don Canaan?
 
IsraelNewsFaxx's Zionism and the Middle East Resource Directory