Google Search
Search www.israelfaxx.com


Newsletter : 16fx0617.txt

Directory | Previous file | Next file

ISIS Exhorts 'Lone Wolves' to Strike US in Latest Online Propaganda Blast

By DEBKAfile & Daily Mail

The Islamic State organization, using Twitter pages with hashtags linked to the massacre in Orlando, called Thursday on Muslims in the US to join the "lone wolves" and attack American targets. Messages in English and Arabic said "the crusaders bombarded our cities, killed our children...while they are living in their homes enjoying safety and comfort. Don't give them that pleasure."

The messages were posted with pictures showing US government institutions going up in flames. ISIS had been trying to inspire 'lone wolf' attacks in America for months before the Orlando massacre, including publishing a kill list with the names of at least 600 Florida residents on it. Accounts linked to the terror group published the list back in April on anonymous messaging app Telegram, which contained the names of thousands of targets, mostly Americans.

Last week, as the list continued to circulate, former FBI agent-turned lawyer Stuart Kaplan warned that it was likely intended to inspire lone gunmen into carrying out attacks. Kaplan warned that a kill list published by an ISIS-affiliated group was likely intended to inspire lone wolf attacks, such as the one carried out by Omar Mateen. He also warned that there is little authorities can do to protect those on the list.

Kaplan told CBS12: 'If in fact a sympathizer gets hold of this list and is readily able to identify you as being his neighbor and, then, decides to go out and do something horrific to you, there is no way to calculate the potential or to prevent that.' The list, published on Telegram by the United Cyber Caliphate, is believed to contain the names of more than 8,000 people, mostly American citizens.

Vocativ first brought the existence of the list to light, noting that it contained 43 names of people linked to the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security and the departments of defense, energy, commerce and health and services.

While it is not known who the 600 Florida residents are, Kaplan said they are likely public figures, possibly the heads of hospitals, courts and schools. It is not known whether the list was the inspiration behind the massacre in Orlando on Sunday morning, which left 49 victims dead and another 53 wounded.

But gunman Omar Mateen did call 911 shortly before his attack at the Pulse nightclub in order to pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, the spiritual leader of ISIS, while the terror group has since claimed responsibility. Mateen was also investigated for links to American suicide bomber Moner Abu Salha, who blew himself up in Syria in 2014, though he was not affiliated with ISIS.

ISIS has pledged attacks across America and Europe during the holy month of Ramadan. Spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani called on followers of the terror group to carry out a 'month of conquest and jihad' in a video posted online two weeks ago. He implored followers to 'get prepared, be ready … to make it a month of calamity everywhere for nonbelievers…especially for the fighters and supporters of the caliphate in Europe and America.'

The State Department issued a warning over the message ahead of Ramadan, which began on June 5, because Adani's previous message preceded three major attacks last year. Ramadan, when Islam commemorates the Koran being revealed to Mohammed, holds special significance for terrorist fighters who believe a sacrifice during this month is more valuable.


Israel to Build Underground Wall Around Gaza Strip

By YnetNews.com

Israel's defense establishment's plan to build a concrete wall tens of meters underground as well as aboveground along the Gaza Strip border was revealed by Yedioth Ahronoth Thursday morning. It has previously been estimated that such a project would cost tens of billions of shekels. However, under the new plan the construction costs are estimated to reach NIS 2.2 billion.

The wall will stretch along the 60 miles of the southern border around the Gaza Strip, and will in fact be the third defense system of its kind Israel has built along the border. The first 60-kilometer barrier was constructed in 1994 following the Oslo accords while the second system was built following the decision to disengage from Gaza in 2005. Neither of the efforts, however, provided comprehensive solutions to the threat of attack tunnels.

A senior Defense Ministry official on Thursday announced at a press briefing that the next confrontation with Hamas would be the last one. The question of how this announcement is consistent with a plan to build a wall, which is essentially a defensive program, is open to interpretation.

"We have no desire to rule over Gaza, and as long as there is no alternative government there, we have no business being there," said the senior official. "But on the other hand we cannot conduct a constant war of attrition. Therefore the next conflict has to be the last conflict in terms of Hamas ruling the Strip. We are not looking for an adventure, but a confrontation with Hamas is inevitable. It is an ongoing and growing threat and we need to be prepared for it. "

In a parallel effort, the IDF is currently erecting a wall around sections of the border with Lebanon, adjacent to which a number of Israeli towns are located. Construction of the wall was decided following public proclamations by Hizbullah leader, Hassan Nasrallah, to attack civilian towns and hold on to them for a day or two. At present, there a fence already exists along the border, but the wall is intended to make an infiltration of enemy forces even more difficult.


Former London Mayor Defends Remarks on Hitler and Zionism

By IsraelNationalNews.com & Reuters

Former London Mayor Ken Livingstone has robustly defended his claim that Adolf Hitler supported Zionism, saying he had been deliberately misrepresented by people who wanted to discredit Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn.

"If I had said Hitler was a Zionist, I would apologize for that because it's rubbish," he said during a hearing on anti-Semitism, according to The Guardian. "If I'd said it, I would agree it was abhorrent. But I didn't say it. I was stating a simple historical fact," he added. Labour MP Chuka Umunna, however, said Livingstone's comments had made him a "shame and embarrassment" to the party.

Livingstone has already been suspended from the Labour Party, where he was until recently a senior policymaker, after claiming in an interview that Adolf Hitler was a Zionist, and appearing to back some of the Nazi dictator's earlier policies before he "went mad."

"Let's remember when Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism before he went mad and ended up killing six million Jews," Livingstone said in an interview, while defending a Labour MP suspended for calling for the mass expulsion of Jews from Israel.

Livingtone has repeatedly refused to apologize for the comments, even after being harangued as a "racist, Hitler-apologist" by an MP from his own party. Late last month he was fired from his radio show on LBC Radio, London's most popular talk radio station, over the anti-Semitic comments.

In his comments Tuesday to the home affairs select committee, Livingstone claimed that in the radio interview with Vanessa Feltz he had said that Hitler had supported Zionism in the early 1930s as a way of ridding Germany of thousands of Jews. That was not the same as saying Hitler was a Zionist, he claimed.

"If I could go back in time and avoid referring to Hitler and Zionism in Vanessa Feltz's interview, I would. I would go back and remove it because it allowed all the anti-Jeremy people in the Labour party to start whipping this up as an even bigger issue," said Livingstone.

"I regret using it because it became this hysterical issue in the midst of our campaign to do well in the local elections and the next day virtually every front page was about me and anti-Semitism," he added, according to The Guardian. Livingstone's comments about Hitler and Zionism came amid a spate of suspensions of Labour party officials and activists for making anti-Semitic comments on social media.

Since being suspended from the party, Livingstone told MPs, that "I can't get down the street without people stopping me and saying we know what you said is true, don't give in". Those supporting him were "disproportionately" Jewish, he added. He conceded that Jewish people had been offended by his remarks "because they have been told a lie".


Jewish Woman May Have Been Aunt of Sarona Terrorists

By YnetNews.com

Information has come to light suggesting that the two terrorists who carried out the terrorist attack at the Sarona Market, which left 4 dead and 16 wounded, may have a Jewish family member.

An Israeli women who calls herself "Yael Cohen," who now lives in Spain, claims that she lived for a few years with Abdullah Makhamra, the uncle of the Sarona Market terrorist Khaled and Mohammed Makhamra, and gave birth to two children with him. A source from Yatta, where the two terrorists lived, confirmed yesterday that he does, indeed, remember that a family member of Khaled was indeed married to a Jewish woman.

In a Facebook post two days after the attack, "Yael" spoke about her relationship to Abdullah Makhamra and wrote that she remembers the two terrorists "as young children running around at my place, sitting in my lap and babysitting my two small children."

"Nice to meet you, I am Rizala, Khaled's and Mahmoud's aunt," she says at the start of her long Facebook post. She writes that she was raised in Magala, Spain and moved to Jerusalem to study in a Haredi boarding school after her parents divorced. Before turning 16 years old, she met a Haredi boy at a convenience store, who introduced himself as "Natanel Cohen" with whom she fell in love.

Yael (she claims that's her Israeli name) also discussed how her father came to visit once and brought her to the mini-market to meet the aforementioned boy, who asked to be set up with her. "Six weeks had passed, I found myself deeply in love with Natanel, who had been pretending to be a young Haredi man from a good home." She wrote. "His house was in Yatta. Natanel suddenly turned into Abdullah and his Haredi clothing became his work costume. I was still 16 years old and in the first month my first child appeared and (I thought) what should I do?"

Yael claims that she was not married to Abdullah and changed her name to Rizala. Meanwhile, she preserved her Judaism, lighting candles on Shabbat and keeping kosher. She also said her husband turned out to be a violent man: "My status was that of an abused slave," she wrote. "The beatings and humiliations were daily. The house was my only world, cleaning, cooking, and sex slavery for a man who had become evil, disgusting, and violent. Hell on earth."

According to Yael, she succeeded in fleeing from her husband with her two kids, returning to live with them in Spain. There, the family still lives today. "The attack at Sarona Market brought me back 14 years," she wrote. "The Haredi suit that the two cousins wore caused me déjà vu, a type of nausea and a bad and bitter memory. That's a way of work for the family from Yatta."

A Palestinian source in the Makhamra family confirmed to Yedioth Ahronoth, Ynet's sister publication, that he remembers that Abdullah Makhamra was married in the past to a Jewish woman named Rizala.

Nonetheless, he said that Abdullah is not Khaled's and Mohammed's uncle but rather he is related in a different way. He added that Abdullah had some issues with village leaders a number of years ago and fled to Beit Guvrin in Israel. It is possible that he left the village at the same time as Yael. Other sources in the village denied the story, but it is possible that they do not want to bring a problem of the past back to the surface.

Former Israeli Hostage Reveals Entebbe Diary

By Israel Hayom

Sarah Davidson and her family were on a bar mitzvah trip when their flight was hijacked and flown to Entebbe, Uganda. Forty years later, she is still awed by the daring Israeli rescue: "Words cannot describe how I felt. Our heroes made it all the way."

"Every time I fly abroad, I take a close look at every passenger and at each member of the air crew to make sure they are not terrorists," says 81-year-old Davidson, one of the Israelis who was held hostage in Entebbe, Uganda, in 1976, after Air France Flight 139 was hijacked en route to Paris. "This is just part of who I have been for the past 40 years," she said.

Davidson, her husband, Uzi, and their two sons, Ron, then 16, and Benny, then 13, were on their way to the United States on what was supposed to be Benny's bar mitzvah trip. She kept a diary detailing their captivity, which ended on July 4, 1976, after Israeli commandos carried out a daring raid and rescued the hostages in Operation Thunderbolt (later renamed Operation Jonathan, in memory of Sayeret Matkal commander Yoni Netanyahu -- brother of now-Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu -- who was killed in the raid).

Ahead of the 40th anniversary of the events, the Davidson family recently gave an interview to Israel Hayom in which they talked about their ordeal. Benny said he had been "very afraid of [Ugandan dictator] Idi Amin, who arrived and spoke with us."

Uzi Davidson, then an Israeli Air Force navigator, recalled how he made a split-second decision to eat his military entry pass to make sure his hijackers wouldn't find out about his sensitive position. "We all chewed the pass together, right after the hijacking began," he said.

He also remembers the moment the elite Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos stormed into the old terminal where they were being held. "I suddenly heard a shot, and then a whole burst of shots," he said. Benny added, "Mom then jumped on top of me. Only then did I realize just how serious the situation was."

Sarah Davidson said, "Words cannot describe how I felt. Our heroes made it all the way to Entebbe, and did everything they could just so they could rescue us from captivity."


Home Search

(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)



 
Home
Search
 
Read today's issue
 
Who is Don Canaan?
 
IsraelNewsFaxx's Zionism and the Middle East Resource Directory