Google Search
Search www.israelfaxx.com


Newsletter : 15fx1118.txt

Directory | Previous file | Next file

Biggest Jewish Event Ever: 5 Million to Pray Together

By IsraelNationalNews.com

This coming Sunday, a group is hoping to organize what could be the biggest "connected" Jewish event ever – getting five million people together electronically to join a huge crowd which will gather at the Kotel to say the "Tikun Haklali," a special set of psalms that are said for protection from danger among other things.

According to Eldad Eilat, one of the organizers, the event was the idea of David Assouline, "a wonderful Jew and a businessman in the Syrian Jewish community in New York who has worked hard on behalf of the Jewish people. He understands that the current situation of the Jewish people is very delicate, and anything we can do to save ourselves from the 'bad karma' created by the atmosphere of terror is important."

The "Tikun Haklali" is a set of 10 psalms that was selected by Rav Nachman of Breslov, the eighteenth century sage who has many followers in Israel and around the world. Buried in Ukraine, his tomb attracts tens of thousands of visitors annually, especially on Rosh Hashanah.

At the event Sunday, tens of thousands of Jews will read the chapters of psalms in unison – joined by millions of Jews around the world who will be part of the event via the Internet or closed circuit television. The event will take place at 8 p.m. in Israel, 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and 10 a.m. in the western U.S., allowing the maximum number of people to participate, said Eilat.

"The Tikun is said by people who want to give themselves a spiritual boost against sexual licentiousness that is so common today, but it goes beyond that to the essence of our relationship with God," said Eilat. "By having so many Jews together we help build that relationship, especially at times of trouble, as so many great sages have pointed out. Especially among rabbis associated with the Breslov movement, the Tikun is considered a very important effort for salvation. So we decided to organize this worldwide event."

In order to reach as many people as possible, a special web site has been set up, said Eilat. "We have been working to include as many circles and groups as possible. So far we have had a lot of response from Chabad, the Religious Zionist public, and many Sephardic yeshivas, such as the yeshiva of Rabbi Abergel and the Kabbalah Yeshiva in Jerusalem. We intend to make a special effort to bring in the secular public as well, so we are preparing sites in different styles and languages."

The spiritual power of the Tikun is significant, said Eilat. "In Uman, at the tomb of Rav Nachman, they say the Tikun in song and unity, and many people are strongly affected spiritually from this. We are sure that this event will bring about great benefit for the Jewish people and cancel any bad edicts against us."


Jordan: Only We Can Access Temple Mount Cameras

By IsraelNationalNews.com
Jordan's King Abdullah II has announced that he intends to personally monitor the footage from cameras Israel controversially agreed to have placed on the Temple Mount, and that the footage will not be broadcast to Israel - except for segments Jordan decides can be seen by the world.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to let the Jordanian Waqf place the cameras on the Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, in a "gesture" to reduce tensions during the ongoing Arab terror wave. The Waqf remains in de facto control of the site and has banned Jewish prayer despite Israeli law stipulating freedom of worship, and the cameras are a tool in enforcing that ban.

In response to Abdullah's announcement, Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel (Jewish Home) has called on Netanyahu to cancel the camera initiative, even though Ariel's own party head Naftali Bennett supported placing the cameras, and further voiced his support for banning Jewish prayer at the Mount.

Ariel called to cancel the initiative until it is decided to place cameras in all corners of the Mount, including the mosques, and Israel is promised full access to the footage. "Not installing cameras in the Al-Aqsa Mosque means immunity...for the rock hoarders and throwers from inside the Mosque. For the firecracker shooters, and all the inciters," he wrote in a letter to Netanyahu.

The Headquarters for Temple Organizations explained that Ariel's letter follows Abdullah's declaration that "the cameras will be brought from Jordan," and "cameras won't be installed inside the mosques." Abdullah also said "a control room will be established in the Temple Mount managed by the Waqf, and from there the direct footage will be broadcast to the king's office. Abdullah's words to a delegation of people he invited to him from Jerusalem are most serious, and they signify and additional deterioration in the gradient of sovereignty on the Mount," wrote Ariel.

Ariel noted that all of the violence by Arab rioters, the incitement and the protests with flags of terrorist organizations "won't be filmed, and certainly won't be screened to the eyes of those in power in the Israeli government." He added that Netanyahu's promise that the cameras would help arrest Arab rioters "are liable to be proven as having no true cover on the ground."

"Giving the possibility to the Kingdom of Jordan, a foreign sovereign state, to run security cameras in the Temple Mount, without any cooperation with the Israel Police, means one thing: an additional significant concession on the degree of sovereignty of the state of Israel on the Temple Mount."

Netanyahu's claims that the cameras will prove Israel isn't breaching the status quo on the Mount "don't hold water in the current situation. What's more, there will be a serious deviation in favor of the side operating (the cameras) and inspecting. If the Waqf is the operator of the cameras, there is no doubt that it will turn them off when there are Muslim riots, or anything else that isn't pleasant for it to present."

Ariel said he was convinced the Jordanians would only install the cameras to document Jewish visitors so as to increase its monitoring of the prayer ban, "to count heads," to demand a cut in the number of Jewish visitors, and to document Jewish figures they are vetoing from entering the Mount. Those figures being banned by the Waqf have also included a Danish pro-Israeli Christian, who was told last month that "religious Christians" could not enter the holy site.


57% of Arab Israelis Say Islamic Movement Represents Them

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Results of research showing the 2015 index for relations between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel, published partially for the first time on Tuesday, show just how far the Arab population supports and identifies with openly pro-terror organizations.

The research, conducted by Professor Sami Samucha, reveals that no less than 57% of Arab citizens of Israel say they feel the radical Islamic Movement in Israel faithfully represents them. Significantly, the movement was outlawed on Tuesday for its long history of inciting terrorism, organizing and funding violent riots on the Temple Mount, and its close connections with Hamas.

The research also revealed that 42.2% of the Arab population including all its ethnic and religious groups define themselves as fans, members or activists of the Islamic Movement. No less than 18.2% of Arab Muslim citizens of Israel, and 28.1% of all supporters of the Islamic Movement, said they do not consider Islamic State (ISIS) to be a radical terrorist organization, and that they are not ashamed of the brutal jihadist group.

Samucha commented that the high level of support for ISIS is very troubling, particularly given that the Arab leadership in Israel and leaders of the Islamic Movement have strongly denounced the group. The research would seem discount Jewish Home chairman Naftali Bennett's statements in November 2014, when he claimed that "99.9% of Arab citizens are loyal to the state of Israel."

That assertion was previously cast in doubt just days after it was made, by a poll which found that roughly a third of Israeli Arabs supported the terror wave that was taking place at the time, blaming Israel for it.


Pollard Offers to Renounce US Citizenship if Allowed to Go to Israel Jerusalem Post

Jonathan Pollard is ready to renounce his US citizenship, running the risk of never returning, should the Justice Department allow him to leave for Israel upon his release.

"On November 20, 2015, after serving 30 years in prison, it is Mr. Pollard's wish to move to Israel with his family so he can resume his life there," US Reps. Jerry Nadler and Eliot Engel, both New York Democrats, wrote Monday in a letter to Loretta Lynch, the US attorney general. "We write today to ask that DOJ give Mr. Pollard's request the fair consideration it deserves."

Pollard, a former Navy analyst who sold secrets to Israel, is being released on parole from a life sentence for espionage. The Justice Department has not yet revealed the terms of his release; Pollard's lawyers have suggested terms will be negotiated up to the eve of his release. However, it is believed that he will be required to stay in the United States for at least a year, and his lawyers have already secured a residence and work for him in the New York area.

"Mr. Pollard understands that, as a condition of being permitted to move to Israel, he may need to renounce his American citizenship," the letter said. "Despite the serious consequences that may follow such a decision, including being permanently barred from returning to the United States, he is willing to undertake this extraordinary measure."

Engel and Nadler cite as a precedent the case of Rene Gonzalez, a member of the "Cuban 5" spy ring. After serving a prison sentence and while on probation, Gonzalez asked for and received permission in 2013 to go to Cuba to attend his father's funeral. While there, he asked to stay on condition he renounce his US citizenship and never return. The Justice Department granted permission.

The three members of the Cuban 5 who were still in prison were released nearly a year ago at the same time that Cuba released Alan Gross, a Jewish-American contractor who had been imprisoned for activities including connecting the island's small Jewish community to the Internet.

Terror Orphan Sarah Announces Huge Wedding; All Israel is Invited

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Sarah-Tehiya Litman, 21, whose father and brother were murdered by terrorists on Friday, and who was supposed to get married to Ariel Bigel on Tuesday, has announced that the wedding will only be postponed by nine days – and that the entire nation of Israel is invited. The wedding will be held at Binyanei Hauma in Jerusalem.

The invitation-announcement is preceded by the phrase – "Do not rejoice over me, my enemy, for I have fallen but I have gotten up" (Michah 7:8). This evening, instead of wearing the bridal dress, I will sit on the floor with a torn shirt," Sarah told the newspaper Yediot Aharonot Tuesday. "But very soon, we will marry in a large and happy wedding. We will go on and be happy as Father and Netanel always were. We will not be crushed. This will be the million-person wedding," the couple said. "Multitudes will come to make us happy."

Her groom-to-be Ariel, said Sarah, has become a father for her orphaned siblings before he became a husband. "Now he will fill the space left by my father and brother. My angel in white has a difficult mission." Ariel said that the couple's bond is being tested but has only grown stronger as a result of the loss. "When I see Sarah-Tehiya's mother, how hard it is for her without her husband, I understand what it means to be a husband and how much support people get from their partners."

The family was headed out from home in Kiryat Arba to Meitar, where their in-laws-to-be live, to hold the Shabbat Hatan – the Sabbath celebration for the groom before a wedding – on Friday. On the way, an Arab terrorist waylaid the car which was being driven by Sarah-Tehiya's brother Netanel Litman, killing him and his father, Rabbi Yaakov Litman, and wounding his brother Dvir.


PA Reveals That the Rock is the 'Best Friend Ever' of Palestinians

By IsraelNationalNews.com

Even as it scoffs at US threats to cut over $5 billion in funding over its incitement to terror, the Palestinian Authority has launched a fresh wave of incitement to attacks against Jews. In a recent cartoon in the official PA daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida , Arab readers are taught that the rock is the "best friend ever" of Palestinian Arabs, in a clear call for more lethal attacks exposed by Palestinian Media Watch.

PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah faction continued its leading role inciting the rock attacks, with a post on its official Facebook page showing a masked rioter hurling a rock in a slingshot with the text: "the intifada continues; #the_rage_of_Jerusalem." Fatah branched out with its social media terror incitement, also posting a cartoon on its Twitter page paying homage to a local cartoonist who recently passed away.

In the cartoon an Arab couple is shown, with the man holding a rock in one hand and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) flag in the other, while the woman has two fingers raised as V for Victory. "We will continue, artist Baha Al-Bukhari, Allah have mercy on him; #Palestine; For the soul of Baha Al-Bukhari, we will continue," reads the accompanying text.

The cartoonist, Baha Al-Bukhari, who worked for Al-Ayyam newspaper, died on October 29. Several of his cartoons directly incited terror attacks against Israelis, and likewise reinforced anti-Semitic stereotypes against Jews. In October he was awarded the Palestine Order of Merit for Culture, Sciences and Arts by Abbas, who said his work "fits Palestine and its resolute and full culture


Home Search

(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)



 
Home
Search
 
Read today's issue
 
Who is Don Canaan?
 
IsraelNewsFaxx's Zionism and the Middle East Resource Directory