Newsletter : 15fx0203.txt
| Previous file
| Next file
ISIS Plots Terror Attacks Inside Tehran. Hizbullah VIP Killed in Damascus Bus
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has launched a new terror offensive against
Iranians, their followers and other Shiites. It was kicked off Sunday with an attack on a
Damascus bus carrying Lebanese Shiite pilgrims to shrines in Syria. Nine people were
killed and at least 20 injured. ISIS has set its sights next on the Muslim Shiite
heartland, Iran and its cities especially the capital Tehran.
The Damascus bus attack is ascribed by some sources to a Saudi suicide bomber by the
name of Abu al-Ezz al-Ansari. The claim that the Syrian rebel Jabhat al-Nusra was the
perpetrator was false, say DEBKAfile's intelligence and counter-terrorism sources. This
group does not go in for Saudi recruits and certainly not suicide bombers of that ilk.
ISIS fingered Nusra to conceal its own responsibility for the attack and its real
target. Our sources reveal that the Islamic State attacked the Shiite pilgrims in order to
get at a high-ranking officer of Hizbullah's armed wing, who was on the bus.
Hizbullah headquarters in Beirut has imposed deep hush on his death and identity. But
because they could not pretend the bus explosion did not happen, they pinned it Monday on
"takfir [infidel] groups" which they say collaborate with Israel.
This attack revealed most significantly that Hizbullah has begun covering the tracks in
Syria of its top Hizbullah men by inserting them among Shiite pilgrims traveling by bus
from Lebanon to Damascus. They are camouflaging the movements of their top men in Syria by
an elaborate security net, ever since an Israeli air strike on January 18, killed around
nine Hizbullah and Iranian officers, including the Iranian general, Ali Allah Dadi.
Still, ISIS agents were able to find the bus and blow it up, indicating deep hostile
penetration of the Iranian and Hizbullah forces assigned to Syria to fight for Bashar
Assad. Conscious of the Islamic State's next plans, the Iranian Al Qods Brigades
commander, Gen. Qassem Soleimani, paid an unscheduled visit to Beirut last Thursday for
urgent talks with Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah and briefings for the organization's
military council members.
Their most pressing concern was the detailed ISIS program, which is ready to go, for a
broad new campaign of terror against Iranian and pro-Iranian targets in Lebanon, Syria,
Iraq and the Iranian homeland.
Germany to Investigate Suspected Female Nazi Guard
German prosecutors announced on Monday they had opened an investigation into a
93-year-old woman who is suspected of forcing prisoners on an evacuation march in 1945
during which about 1,400 women died, the Guardian (UK) reported.
Hamburg prosecutors' spokesman Carsten Rinio confirmed that his office had begun
investigating Hilde Michnia last week, after a social worker from the northern town of
Lüneburg filed charges against her.
Michnia is suspected of serving as a guard in the Bergen-Belsen and Gross-Rosen
concentration camps, and having been part of evacuating the latter camp in 1945. Nearly
three-quarters of the 2,000 female prisoners forced onto the march are thought to have
The social worker filed the charges against her after seeing a documentary on Irish
television last September, in which Bergen Belsen survivor Tomi Reichental attempted to
interview Michnia. In the documentary, Michnia admitted to taking part in the
"She said herself, three times, `I was on the death march.' I thought, hang on, there
have to be some consequences if such important information is in [the film]," the social
worker, Hans-Jürgen Brennecke, told the Guardian. "When I realized that no one had
done anything yet, I thought: this can't be," he added. "It bothers me that so much is
still kept silent, or misrepresented. I just want the facts to come out. Everyone is
allowed to have opinions, but we need to know the facts. We're still not finished with
Michnia, called Lisiewicz during World War II, has previously been convicted for her
work as a concentration camp guard, according to the Guardian. She was one of a group 45
SS guards put on trial by the British occupying forces in 1945. Survivor Dora Almaleh
testified that Michnia had beaten two men for stealing turnips from the kitchen, and
Michnia was sentenced to a year in prison and released in November 1946.
In an interview with Die Welt newspaper published last weekend, Michnia dismissed the
1945 proceedings as a "show trial", and said she had not seen any atrocities, because she
had only ever worked in the kitchens. "I didn't see any of it," she reportedly said. "That
was all in a completely different part of the camp." When Die Welt asked her if she knew
she was under investigation, she reportedly replied, "No, but they won't find
Germany has begun a crackdown on Nazi war criminals in recent years, following the 2011
Munich trial of John Demjanjuk, a Nazi war criminal charged of assisting in the murder of
28,060 people at the Sobibor death camp and sentenced to five years. The former Nazi died
in 2012. Last May, Germany said it was investigating some 20 former guards at the Majdanek
death camp who could be charged with accessory to murder.
News of the investigation against Michnia came just hours after it was announced that a
93-year-old former Auschwitz death camp officer will go on trial in Germany in April on
charges of at least 300,000 counts of accessory to murder
Islamic State Terror Cell in Israel Slaughtered Sheep as Part of Training
The Israeli-Arab terror cell charged two weeks ago with attempting to join the Islamic
State trained for the fighting in Syria and Iraq by slaughtering sheep. The Haifa District
Court on Monday extended the cell members' remand for the duration of the proceedings
The seven suspects from northern Israel turned to reporters present at the court
Monday, denying the allegations attributed to them. According to the indictment, six of
the suspects used to meet and plan their trip to Syria to join the Islamic State. During
the meetings in the Sakhnin area, the six would argue about whether to support the Islamic
State or Jabhat al-Nusra. Eventually, they decide to join the Islamic State in June of
Later, the six met Adnan Jamil Ala a-Din, a 39-year-old former public defender from
Nazareth, who has branded himself the "Islamic State chief of staff in Palestine," whom
they contacted via Facebook.
According to the indictment, the members of the cell trained in a farm in Kafr Manda
owned by the attorney. They learned how to ride horses and how to prepare Molotov
cocktails and purchased sheep to slaughter them as part of their training. When asked to
comment on the indictment filed against him, Attorney Ala a-Din cursed at the
Another defendant said that "there's no basis to all of the accusations, we have
nothing to do with Daesh (Islamic State) or any other organization. I still don't
understand why they arrested me."
A third defendant said "it's all lies. I think the arrests were made so Prime Minister
Netanyahu's support rate will increase on our expense. We're ahead of elections and he
just wants to prove himself. We're sure we didn't support Daesh and all that is attributed
to us lacks evidence."
Family members of the accused also responded to the indictment, saying "we're sure
they'll be released, they didn't commit any crime." The defendants' lawyers said they will
respond to the indictment after studying it.
Swedish City Prevents Jewish Couple from Homeschooling Children
A Jewish couple is standing trial in Sweden over its decision to home school its
children according to their religious belief.
Chabad emissaries Alexander and Leah Namdar live in Gothenburg with their 11 children.
Due to a lack of Jewish schools in the city, they decided to home school their children in
order to assure they receive proper traditional Jewish education, as well as all the other
subjects prescribed by the national curriculum, and protect their physical safety, which
is coming under ever-increasing threat from anti-Semitic behavior.
Three years ago, the couple was informed that the local Municipality had banned them
from educating their children at home, having deemed that "there is no need of a law to
make possible homeschooling based on the religious or philosophical views of the family."
The municipality filed a lawsuit against them, requiring them to send their young children
to the local public school.
Aided by Jews from around the world, The Namdars appealed the court decision. Public
pressure helped and they won the case at the Appeal Court. But the city continued to mount
pressure and submitted another lawsuit which was also rejected.
Last week, on International Holocaust Memorial Day, the parents faced another trial in
which judges were to address whether the state education law permits the homeschooling of
children for religious reasons, or whether Jewish parents will be forced to send their
children to public schools.
The Namdar couple claims that the municipality's motives are anti-Semitic and are the
result of a documentary about them which was aired on Swedish television. The couple
emphasizes that "our children receive proper education as well or better than any other
Rabbi Menachem Margolin, general director of the European Jewish Association, has
called upon the Swedish authorities to cease all legal proceedings against Rabbi Namdar
and his wife. "EU officials were also updated on the case" , said Margolin, who concluded:
"How sad and symbolic that as we mark International Holocaust Memorial Day, there is still
a need to fight for the right of Jews to educate their children according to their
Iran to Host Holocaust Denial Cartoon Competition
An Iranian cultural center announced a plan to hold a competition for Holocaust denial
cartoons, in response to the massacre targeting the Charlie Hebdo magazine after it
published cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed.
Iran's House of Cartoon and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Complex organized the competition,
according to the Independent, and invited participants to submit satirical drawings on the
subject of Holocaust denial by the beginning of April. The competition announced a $12,000
prize for the winner, with prizes of $8,000 and $5,000 for second and third place,
Masud Shojaei-Tabatabaii, the organizer of the competition, said the cartoons would be
displayed at the Palestine Museum of Contemporary Art in Tehran before being shown in
other parts of the capital.
The competition is the second of its kind in Iran. In 2006, Hamshahiri, the country's
most popular newspaper, announced a search for the "cleverest" cartoons satirizing the
genocide of Europe's Jews. The newspaper said the competition was a reaction to the
"double standard" in the West about freedom of expression.
The winner of the first competition, Abdellah Derkaoui of Morocco, depicted a crane
painted with the Star of David building a wall around the Dome of the Rock; the wall bears
an image of the Auschwitz death camp.
Following the publication of Charlie Hebdo's first post-massacre issue, Ayatollah Naser
Makarem Shirazi said showing another image of Mohammed "is equivalent to a declaration of
war against all Muslims."
Tehran's foreign ministry declared that the new issue was "provoking Muslim
sensitivities around then world, and could spark the flame of cruel radicalism." Iranian
Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif said that "if we do not respect one another, it will
be very difficult in a world of different views, different cultures and civilizations."
(All material on these web pages is © 2001-2012
by Electronic World Communications, Inc.)